BBC Learning - BBC education portal.
Best of Our Knowledge
- WAMC/Northeast public radio's weekly look at the latest developments in the
halls of academe. Broadcasts are also available on RealAudio.
Chronicle of Higher Education
- news and job information source for college and university faculty members,
administrators, and students.
CNN Student News
- offers news and information for students and educators.
Comprehensive Legislative Update on Education
(CLUE) - provides daily updates over
the Internet concerning state policy issues of concern to K-12 education.
- educational news and resources.
- daily updates on education news from the U.S. and the world.
- offers daily media links and analysis of current educational issues, along
with information about the latest educational software.
- K-12 decision maker's technology and Internet newspaper.
Federal Register Digest
- publishes weekly the complete, unabridged texts of all Federal Register
announcements related to eduction: funding and grant opportunities, deadlines,
application materials, policies, and rules.
- Kenneth J. Cooper's column covering the Education Department.
- features links to stories about current issues in education.
Media Skills Online
- online course teaching the secrets of the media game.
National Association of Media Educators New
Zealand - supporting the cause of
media education in New Zealand.
NewsHour Extra: News for Students
- provides students and teachers with quality educational resources based on
current issues and events.
- a report card on the condition of public education in the 50 States. From
Education Week on the Web, in collaboration with the Pew Charitable Trusts.
- featuring news, sports, games, quizzes, and more for kids.
- from the New York Times Learning Network.
Times Higher Education Supplement
- offers higher education and university news, features, statistics, research
funding opportunities, and academic jobs.
What Kids Can Do
- combs the country for compelling examples of youths working with adults in
schools and communities on the real-world issues that concern them most.
Women in Higher Education
- monthly news journal subscribed to by women administrators, staff, and
faculty in universities in the U.S. and Canada. Includes job listings.
- offers daily news about K-12 education and schools. Issues include teacher
accountability, policy, organizations, technology, student safety, and
Academic Leadership - designed to
promote discovery and examination of leadership issues for those working in
Arizona State University - Bilingual Research Journal
- includes full text articles.
Chreods - journal of writings
focusing on mathematics education and general education issues.
Collegeways - research regarding the
retention of students in higher education.
Comparative Education Review -
investigates education throughout the world and the social, economic, and
political forces that shape it.
Connection: The Journal of the New England Board of Higher
Education - published quarterly.
Current Issues in Education - online,
peer-reviewed journal published by the College of Education at Arizona State
DeLiberations - journal on teaching
and learning in higher education.
Education Next - offers opinion and
research regarding education and school reform. Published by the Hoover
Institution at Stanford University.
Effective Teaching - electronic
journal devoted to the exchange of ideas and information relevant to college
and university teaching in North Carolina.
Elementary School Journal - explores
central problems in elementary education theory as well as the complex
problems of the classroom.
Harvard Education Publishing Group -
publishes a quarterly journal and a bimonthly newsletter.
Harvard Educational Review -
quarterly journal that provides an inter-displinary forum for innovative
thinking and research in education.
Hong Kong Institute of Education - Asia Pacific Journal of
Teacher Education and Development - dedicated to
theory development, empirical research, policy formulation, and practical
improvement in teacher education, staff development, and teaching.
Johns Hopkins University - Journal of Education for Students
Placed At Risk - documents research on practices and
programs proven to be effective in improving the education of students placed
Journal for Research in Mathematics Education
Journal of Higher Education Policy and Management
- international, peer-reviewed publication.
Journal of Industrial Teacher Education
- electronic journal published by the Scholarly Communications Project.
Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment
- provides school psychologists current information regarding psychological
and educational assessment, legal mandates, and instrumentation.
Journal of Science Education -
bilingual international journal with peer-evaluated articles.
Journal of Second Language Writing Online
- refereed quarterly journal of second language and foreign language writing
theory, research, and instruction.
Journal of Statistics Education - a
refereed electronic journal on postsecondary teaching of statistics.
Journal of Vocational and Technical Education
Miami University of Ohio - Journal on Excellence in College
National Forum Journals - publisher
of peer-reviewed professional journals, which focus on special education, and,
educational research, teaching and administration.
Nova Southeastern University - New Horizons in Adult Education
- refereed journal the Program for Higher Education.
Paths of Learning: Options for Families and Communities
- promotes alternative education as a means of nourishing personal development
and sustainable, peaceful community life.
Phi Delta Kappan, The - professional
journal featuring articles regarding issues in education.
Practical Assessment, Research and Evaluation
- refereed articles regarding assessment, research, evaluation, and teaching
Reading Online - a peer-reviewed
journal for literacy educators published by the International Reading
Association. Includes articles and reviews.
Revista Iberoamericana de Educacion -
Revista de la OEI.
State University of West Georgia - Online Journal of Distance
Learning Administration - peer-reviewed quarterly
publication published by the State University of West Georgia.
Teacher Education Quarterly - focuses
on major, current topics in the preparation, study, and training of education
Teachers College Record - journal of
research, analysis, and commentary in the field of education. Published
continuously since 1900 by Teachers College, Columbia University.
TEFL Web Journal - free, web-based
forum for adult level teachers, teacher trainers, and researchers.
University of Missouri - Columbia - (Re)-turn: A Journal of
Lacanian Studies - lacanian theory with an emphasis
on Jacques Lacan's arts, culture, art criticism, psychoanalytic theory, and
University of Nevada, Las Vegas - Journal of Special Education
Technology - refereed, professional journal
concerning the use of technology in special education. Published by the
University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
University of Northern Iowa - Journal of Religion and Education
- strives to advance public understanding and dialogue on issues at the
intersections of religion and education.
Education Source - publishes an
e-mail newsletter which reviews web sites and evaluates educational products
Gifted Children - online newsletter
and networking forum for parents and teachers of children with special talents
National Teaching & Learning Forum -
newsletter devoted to discussion of teaching and learning in higher education.
North Texas Institute for Educators on the Visual Arts
School Administrator News - news
source for K-12 school administrators. Includes discussion board and job
School Daily, The - offers news about
education in New Zealand, including discussions on the digital divide,
literacy, drugs in schools, government, and more.
School Law and Funding - discusses
funding opportunities and legal issues affecting schools.
School Law Newsletter - provides
information to academic leaders on legal issues in education.
Title I Report - newsletter on the
federal Title I program and compensatory education, with news updates,
legislative tracking, and resources.