Main Page   Web Directory  Classified Ads  Greeting Cards  Marriage Proposals  Friendship Builder  Recipe Book   Chat Rooms  Contact Us

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Lanka Link :: Sri Lankan Community Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Srilankan & Aussie relations in Australia (Read 23931 times)
Lanka
Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Holland, Luxembourg
Srilankan & Aussie relations in Australia
Mar 30th, 2006, 11:29pm

Dear members,

We live in Holland & Luxembourg and have found the Aussies to be very very racist and in Holland. They all hate us unnecessarily and call us many insulting names.

The aussies call us "CRICKET  CHEATS" and also "LANKOOS".  Lankoo is an insulting word invented by the British living in Holland.  British also take the side of the Aussies in their hatred against Srilanka and the british are also very very racist people.   Angry Angry Angry

We want to find out the details of the community relations between our fellow Srilankans and the Aussies in Australia.  We want to know as much information as possible in order to find out the reason of the Aussie hatred against us.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

One reason may be that we have defeated the aussies in cricket many times and they just cant accept it.  Instead of accepting that our cricket team is better than theirs, these jealous aussies show to the world that Srilankan team is the team of cricket cheaters, which is not true.

We have read many times in the Aussie media about the lies which they tell against our cricket team and also against Srilanka in general.  They also told many lies against us during the tragedy of Tsunami and said that Srilankans were selling the children to the foreigners.   Embarrassed Embarrassed

We request our fellow Srilankans to come to this board and let us know further about the reason of the aussie hatred against us.    ??? ??? ???  The aussie section on this board seems to be quite inactive and we will be happy to see it becoming active.

Thanks.

Lanka
Holland
Luxembourg

Srilanka is the greatest country in the world.
I love my Srilanka. Do you also ???
  IP Logged
Snigling
Newbies

Lanka Link Forums

Re: Srilankan & Aussie relations in Australia
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2006, 6:05pm

Hello Lanka,
You will find that no matter where you go in this world there is always an element of hatred by the few. You have to rise above this and keep smiling. I was born in Ireland and we had a hard time of it in school as children because we were different but my mother taught us that this is nothing personal as it happens and we have to cope with it as best we can but we never fought about it. We kept on going .

In Australia you will find that there is a great many Sri Lankans who have made their homes there for many years as they have done in the UK and they seem to get on quite well.

I think if we let the novelty of being different fade then we eventually blend in  for want of a better way of putting it!!

You will always find no matter where you go there are the few who can be quite nasty to you not just because you are Dutch, Chinese , Indian, Sri Lankan, American etc  but because you are different!!!  

They are like this, perhaps because they do not know you. If you remember when you were at school as a child there was always someone who gave you a hard time but in later years you became friends only becasue you both got to know eachother better.....and that's all it takes..........a little bit of getting to know eachother .

Ok I hear you say, yes this is fine in an ideal world and this is not an ideal world BUT if we all try a litle we can all make a diffference.

Don't hate anyone , just hate the bad things they do !!!

Take care and good luck in all you do,

Snigling.
Oct 24th, 2006, 6:04pm

IP Logged
Jacko
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 22nd, 2007, 7:35am

Lanka wrote on Mar 30th, 2006, 11:29pm:
Dear members,

We live in Holland & Luxembourg and have found the Aussies to be very very racist and in Holland. They all hate us unnecessarily and call us many insulting names.

The aussies call us "CRICKET  CHEATS" and also "LANKOOS".  Lankoo is an insulting word invented by the British living in Holland.  British also take the side of the Aussies in their hatred against Srilanka and the british are also very very racist people.   Angry Angry Angry

We want to find out the details of the community relations between our fellow Srilankans and the Aussies in Australia.  We want to know as much information as possible in order to find out the reason of the Aussie hatred against us.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

One reason may be that we have defeated the aussies in cricket many times and they just cant accept it.  Instead of accepting that our cricket team is better than theirs, these jealous aussies show to the world that Srilankan team is the team of cricket cheaters, which is not true.

We have read many times in the Aussie media about the lies which they tell against our cricket team and also against Srilanka in general.  They also told many lies against us during the tragedy of Tsunami and said that Srilankans were selling the children to the foreigners.   Embarrassed Embarrassed

We request our fellow Srilankans to come to this board and let us know further about the reason of the aussie hatred against us.    ??? ??? ???  The aussie section on this board seems to be quite inactive and we will be happy to see it becoming active.

Thanks.

Lanka
Holland
Luxembourg

Why don't you just ask them, why are you calling me names ?

IP Logged
Jacko
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 24th, 2007, 7:11am

Quote:

People don't call others names on the street over Cricket - hard to believe that that is the reason.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print