Main Page   Web Directory  Classified Ads  Greeting Cards  Marriage Proposals  Friendship Builder  Recipe Book   Chat Rooms  Contact Us

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Lanka Link :: Sri Lankan Community Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I live in Batticaloa, which is most affected (Read 17609 times)
Kuhan

I live in Batticaloa, which is most affected
Jan 04th, 2005, 12:10pm

I live in Batticaloa, which is most affected area in eastern province of Sri Lanka. I have many sad stories to tell. But i don't know which is first. One of my friends lost his younger sister (16 years old) and all his properties. Another my friend Murali lost all his family members (mother, sister and two brothers). My sister's friend had a baby on 23 December 2004. Tsunami took away her with just 3-day-old baby. I can't believe it, but these are true. Who takes responsible for all of this? May God bless my country.

Kuhan,
Batticaloa, Srilanka

IP Logged
julie
Ex Member

Re: I live in Batticaloa, which is most affected
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2006, 10:08pm

Dear Kuban,
I'm sadly touch by your testimony, and hope that things are getting better now...
I'm a student in European logistics Management in UK and I'm doing a project, on the tsunmi disaster relief chain in Sri Lanka. The aim of the project is tol assess the Tsunami disaster's reponse, so that we can improve relief efficiency if another regratbly disaster happenned.
I need "victims" of the Tsunami to fill a questionnaire. May I ask for you support and if you can forward it onto others. I believe that the relief aid could have been more efficient and need your support for that.
Here is my email, if you whish to contribute to this research: juliexiong@ntl.co.uk
I hope to hear from you soon. Julie

IP Logged
Jo-Anne_and_David
Ex Member

Re: I live in Batticaloa, which is most affected
Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2006, 3:17am

My heart goes out to you and your country.  We visited on honeymoon in April 2004 we were stunned by your kindness and warmth something we have never come across to this extent before.  

The world was shocked about what happened to your country and others.

We stayed in the Triton Hotel near Galle and have since seen pictures of the extent of the damage.

Is there alot of work still to be done and are you getting help from the government.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print