Main Page   Web Directory  Classified Ads  Greeting Cards  Marriage Proposals  Friendship Builder  Recipe Book   Chat Rooms  Contact Us

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Lanka Link :: Sri Lankan Community Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TRITON HOTEL AHUGALLA SRI LANKA (Read 25356 times)
DAVID STOCKWELL

TRITON HOTEL AHUGALLA SRI LANKA
Jan 02nd, 2005, 3:50am

Hello, firstly my thoughts & prayers are with all Sri Lankan people who have lost loved ones and friends, my sincerest condolences go to you all.
I have some wonderful Sri Lankan friends who work at the Triton Hotel in Ahungalla, sadly i cannot contact them via telephone at this time, and would be eterally grateful for any news of them.
I saw some video footage on tv that showed the awful time when the tsunami struck the hotel, but have heard or seen nothing since then.
If you can help, please do reply to this message, or e-mail me @ DAVSTCKWLL@AOL.COM.
I thank you for looking at this message, and sincerely hope that in time the Sri Lankan people can come to terms with what has happened to them, and start to rebuild thier lives, they are a fantastic race, and this thing should not have happened to them.
Kindest Regards to you all.
Dave Stockwell
UNITED KINGDOM

IP Logged
Rob V.

Re: TRITON HOTEL AHUGALLA SRI LANKA
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2005, 7:26pm

Reading this text on the web made me think your friends are ok.

Regards,

Rob V.
the Netherlands

Visiting many business locations Minister Bogollagama stepped in to the tsunami-hit Triton Hotel in Ahungalla owned by Aitken Spence. Resident Manager Kingly Liyanage said: "We saw the warning wave and following waves washed away everything damaging the hotel and the tourist industry in the area." The hotel had been built by spending Rs. 750 million and the damage is yet to be estimated Mr. Liyanage said. "We have 350 rooms in this hotel and by the time of the tragedy the hotel was full to the capacity and they were evacuated to safe places soon after the waves, 10 of them were injured but nobody was killed" Liyanage said. He was extremely sure if proper bank assistance was granted the hotel can be renovated soon.

IP Logged
Dave Stockwell

Reply #2 - Jan 15th, 2005, 4:22am

Grin Hi Rob
Many thanks for your reply, i have since spoken by phone to the hotel, every one there was safe and well, guests and staff, the hotel will now be closed until end of October, i will be visiting then.
I am very glad to say that many hotels damaged during this awful time for Sri Lanka and it's wonderful people have now reopened for tourists, let us all hope that many people will return to visit them, they all need our support at this time.
Thanks again Rob.
Dave

IP Logged
Jo-Anne_and_David
Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - Feb 13th, 2006, 2:58am

My husband and I went there for our honeymoon in April 2004 whilst we were there two brothers who apparently worked at the hotel were drowned and were washed back into the beach the exact same time the next day so Sri Lanka to me has some sad memories.  I wondered if you knew a guy called Charlie he approached us one day and organised for him and his driver to take us to see the elephants in the orphanage - we have often spoken about him wondering if he may have been one of the unlucky ones as he often told us he lived just behind the beach were I am sure most of the fishermen and their families did.  

To this day I cannot get the thoughts out of my head about what happened.  The people of Sri Lanka are truely amazing people full of kindness and genorosity.

If I was single and had no commitments I wouldn't hesitate but to fly over and help out.

IP Logged
ascersomsHN
Ex Member

Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Googl
Reply #4 - Feb 20th, 2013, 7:30am

[  is operating because 2003 with thirteen volumes launched so far. The very first time obtainedI think  this  site  has got  some really   good  info   for everyone. "He who has not looked on Sorrow will never see Joy." by Kahlil Gibran.Thank you for sharing superb informations. Your web-site is very cool. I'm impressed by the details that you've on this blog. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Bookmarked this website page, will come back for more articles. You, my friend, ROCK! I found just the info I already searched everywhere and just could not come across. What an ideal website.original bands, I by no means sang covers at neighborhood bars again then. Immediately after 7 years trying to get signed
[  power Ohio State. Throughout and following Monday's press convention, Burkheadcredited seniorsIts like women and men aren't involved unless it is one thing to do with Lady gaga! Your individual stuffs outstanding. Always take care of it up!Ive been exploring for a little for any high quality articles or weblog posts on this sort of space ."This finest component about it occurs a heels with AKOO's style exhibit debut for the length of
[  Pierce. The portion of Bobby Ford was performed by Glenn Carruth and also the element of Elizabeth FordHello.This article was really fascinating, especially since I was searching for thoughts on this topic last Saturday.I'm happy that you simply shared this useful information with us. Please stay us informed like this.Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something.

IP Logged
ascersomsHN
Ex Member

Many of them are rife with spelling issues and I find
Reply #5 - Feb 20th, 2013, 7:34am

[  The site loading speed is incredible.with out irritating disruptions or even worse but, other people's priorities. Complete 1 factor at any given timeFabulous, what a blog it is! This weblog gives helpful information to us, keep it up.time, try and make the comprehensive changeover to lowfat or one particular % milk. Inside the short phrase,
[  I  conceive you have mentioned  some very interesting points ,  thankyou  for the post.This is the very first time I frequented your website page and to this point? I amazed with the research you made to make this actual publish incredible. Great job!I recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least. Quite unusual.I haven't checked in here for a while since I thought it was getting boring, but the last several posts are good quality so I guess I'll add you back to my daily bloglist. You deserve it my friend Smiley
[  I would like to show my thanks to the writer just for rescuing me from such a trouble.I think it'll improve the value of my web site Smiley.Wow, that's what I was exploring for, what a stuff! existing here at this webpage, thanks admin of this web site. Merely  wanna  tell  that this is  very helpful , Thanks for taking your time to write this.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print